At PropClap, we are committed to safeguarding your privacy. By using this Site and any services we offer via this Site, you are agreeing and consenting to the processing of your data as set out below. We sometimes use your data to provide additional marketing or communication services but you can always opt out of this.
If you would like to opt out of marketing and communications from us, you may do so using the opt out link in the emails that we send, or by contacting us via email at [email protected] or in writing to:
WHAT PERSONAL DATA DO WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU?
Information you give us
We will collect the information that you give to us when using our website. If you choose to fill in a contact form on the website, you may be asked to provide information about yourself, such as your name and contact details. We will also collect information that you provide to us by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise.
Information we collect about you
This is different to “information you give us” because it relates to technical data that we collect. We may collect technical information that has the potential to identify you, such as the internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform. We may also collect information about your visit, including the full uniform resource locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our Site (including date and time), searches made, page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction (such as scrolling, clicks and mouse-overs), methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call us. We may also keep a record of the developers, Estate agents/or letting agents, Banks NBFC’s, Housing Loan Companies that you contact.
WHAT DO WE DO WITH YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
Main uses of your data:
• to provide the services available on our website to you
• to enforce our Terms and Conditions
• to contact you for your views on our services and to notify you occasionally about important changes to our Terms or this Policy or developments to this website or our services; and
• to deliver relevant advertising to you whilst you are on the website.
If we offer or supply a service to you that is provided on our behalf by a third party we may have to pass your information to them in order to deliver the service. By using this website you consent to us providing your information to the third parties authorised by us to provide such services.
We may also use third parties to provide services on our behalf which may include processing (but not using themselves) your information e.g. to complete partial addresses or to augment the information we hold about you. In either case, we will not pass your information to anyone who is not also subject to adequate privacy commitments in our contract with them and we will not allow the third party to use your information for marketing purposes without your consent.
We will not otherwise disclose, sell or distribute your information to any third party without your permission unless we are required to do so by law or to obtain professional advice. We will retain your information for as long as is reasonable and necessary and no longer than permitted by law.
Relevant third parties may include:
• Solicitors to enable them to progress the transaction
• We use a company called Propcare247 and Mortgato for our referencing, if you are a prospective client your information will be provided to them for this purpose.
• Utility companies, we may inform such companies of changes of liability.
• We may pass on relevant information to repair contractors where we have a responsibility to manage the property.
• We may need to pass on certain information for the purpose of credit control should an account be outstanding.
This section of the Policy describes the things that we do with your data that arise from our monitoring of the website and the collection of your information whilst using the Site. We may use this information:
• to identify patterns that we can use in our marketing strategy and to help us develop, administer, support and improve our services and features and adverts;
• to conduct reviews that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our website;
• to ensure that content from our Site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
• to administer our website and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes.
Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our Site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
We follow strict security procedures to ensure that your personal information is not damaged, destroyed or disclosed to a third party without your permission and to prevent unauthorised access to it. The computers that store the information are kept in a secure facility with restricted physical access and we use secure firewalls and other measures to restrict electronic access. If we are working with third parties, we will require them to have in place similar measures to protect your information.
Only employees who need access to your information to perform a specific job are granted access to personally identifiable information. We may require you to co-operate with our security checks before we disclose information to you.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data at any time. You have the right to use our website without consenting to marketing and communication services that we provide. We will inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by ticking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. Information Technology Act, 2000, Right to Information Act, 2005 (RTI)gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the RTI. Any access request may be subject to a fee and providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
CHANGES TO THIS POLICY
Any changes we may make to this Policy in the future will be posted on this page and, where appropriate, notified to you by e-mail. Please check back frequently to see any updates or changes to this Policy.